Thursday, September 4, 2008

House warming chicken

As most of you probably know, Lee and I live in a basement apartment and the upstairs has been vacant due to remodeling. Well, construction is finally done on the upstairs apartment and we had a very nice young couple with a baby move in. Last night Lee and I were trying to help this couple get their gas set up and the pilot light set for their water heater which turned into a couple of hours trying to figure out why it wasn't working. At one point Lee and I were outside looking at the gas meters and our upstair neighbors walked out of their front door to see if we figured anything out. Right after they came out we all noticed this dead looking thing on the porch railing. It took us just a minute to realize it was a chicken! And it wasn't dead, it was simply sleeping. It was quite a surprise to us all and the chicken was nice enough to leave a house warming present of a big pile of poop. We have had some stray dogs and cats come into our yard before but we never expected to find a stray chicken!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, one thing's for sure; that's the best title for a post I think I've ever read. I didn't quite know what to expect. What funny story. Sorry about the chicken poo, but hey, it could've been a lot worse I suppose. Great story! Thanks for sharing.

Ganado Granny said...

What a beautiful day in Nauvoo for your wedding. I love the format and framing of your blog. Wish I were smart enough to figure out something clever.
What a lucky guy Elder Depperman is, to find such a beautiful and clever girl. He was the greatest teacher at the MTC by the way! Have a great life "now and Later." Love, Elder and Sister Wilcox

Tera said...

Everyone needs a house warming gift, right? Watch out for the local bats as well. We found one at school the other day.YUCK!