I finally finished reading Les Miserables: the very edition pictured, complete and unabridged. I started reading it at the beginning of June. Lee had wanted to read it for a long time and thought it would be nice to read it together. So, we bought two copies. I think Lee finished reading it before I even finished reading the first 50 pages. I believe that Lee now considers it one of his favorite books. It was a hard book for me to read with all the history and wordiness of Victor Hugo but with a lot of encouragement from Lee I did it. I am really glad I did; the story itself is really inspiring and I feel like I have accomplished something.
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
1463
I finally finished reading Les Miserables: the very edition pictured, complete and unabridged. I started reading it at the beginning of June. Lee had wanted to read it for a long time and thought it would be nice to read it together. So, we bought two copies. I think Lee finished reading it before I even finished reading the first 50 pages. I believe that Lee now considers it one of his favorite books. It was a hard book for me to read with all the history and wordiness of Victor Hugo but with a lot of encouragement from Lee I did it. I am really glad I did; the story itself is really inspiring and I feel like I have accomplished something.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Way to go, Sarah!! I remember in High School reading "The Hunchback of Notre Dame". I wanted a challenge, and I got it. I do recall skimming over several lengthy descriptions of the cathedral : ). I've never read Les Miserable. I wonder if I could do it....
WOW the unabridged version?! Way to go! This is one of my most FAVORITE books, I've read it a few times but always the abridged version. It's such a uplifting story of redemption. I've heard that Spencer W. Kimball has said that next to the standard works, this is one of the best books you can read.
Post a Comment