Sunday, February 7, 2010

2 Things I am Grateful For

So, I know that it is not Thanksgiving time but I still want to make note of two things I am grateful for right now. The biggest and most important is my loving husband Lee. It may be a little cheesy to blog about, but I am doing it anyway. He is always so thoughtful and does so much for me. I have been sick with yet another cold this week and Lee knew that I was having a hard time being at work on Thursday because of that. When he got home that evening he had flowers in his hand for me. This is something that he does fairly frequently when I have hard days. He spoke in church last week and did really good. A member of the Stake Presidency was there and he commented to me about how he thinks highly of Lee. It is neat for me to hear the praise about him from the other members of the Bishopric and the students in the ward who love him. He is a good example to everyone, and a hard worker too. Another thing that I am grateful for are the people that I get to serve at work every time I go. My job can be really tough sometimes. I am on my feet all day doing physical work and I come home exhausted most days. Some of you know the unhappy circumstances which caused me to move to a new unit within the hospital, and know it has been a bit hard to feel like I belong among the other nursing staff there. Lately I have been praying every time I work that I might find joy in my job and when I do pray I find that I can find joy. I have met some great people that has been a real pleasure to serve. Previous temple and mission presidents, WWII veterans, people with lives more challenging than your own which help you have a better perspective. Last week I took care of a lady who was getting a bit confused due to her age. Her husband has passed on but she has a daughter here in Provo that was at her side all day everyday. My patient was bed ridden and needed more help than most of my patients have had lately and I got to know her and her daughter fairly well since I took care of her three days in a row. At the end of my last day with them the daughter gave me a gift and a big hug full of gratitude for me helping them. The gift had this note in it. It is things like this that really give my job meaning and I am glad to be able to help the people I can.

2 comments:

Charity said...

Thanks for sharing, Sarah. You are a very caring person, and I'm glad your patients and their families are able to see that. And, you have such a nice hubby!! The flowers are beautiful, and very thoughtful.

Chels said...

Sarah, you are absolutely wonderful, and Lee is lucky to have you. I'm sorry there've been issues at work... hope things look up for you!