Finally, an opportunity for me to post some pictures! As Lee mentioned in his last blog we had a party to celebrate Lincoln's 200th birthday, and yes, he did convince me to make a stove-pipe hat cake. More or less it turned out well, however the frosting turned everyones mouth black and tasted interesting to say the least. You also might notice something with the lettering that we are hoping that our guests didn't notice. :)
I also wanted to post some pictures from Christmas. I know it has been a long while but I still want to share.

Our First Christmas Tree! It doesn't look as nice in the picture as it did in real life. We thought it was so wonderful to have our very own live tree!

These are the stockings that I made for us. I did hand embroider those names. Everyone who saw them thought they were done by machine which made me a little proud about my work!

And then there is Lee and me enjoying Settlers of Catan on Christmas Eve with Mom, Dad, and Brett.
4 comments:
The hat looks great! If you hadn't said anything about the "flaw" I wouldn't have noticed.
I totally thought you had the stockings done by machine! Nice work. And the tree is so great! I am sorry I didn't get to see it in real life.
Ditto what Tera said, since she pretty much said everything I was thinking of saying. How did you do the lettering so neatly on the cake? Did you frost the letters, or are they pre-made candy letters?
Your Christmas tree looks much nicer than mine and Kelly's first. Considering we were married just 10 days before our first Christmas together and about 6 of those days were spent on a honeymoon, we didn't have much time to put together anything elaborate; I think we just had a table-top tree that year.
The stockings are just plain awesome. Good to hear from you! I'm looking forward to the next time our paths cross, whenever that may be..
I have stencils for the lettering on the cake. They press into the frosting to leave the outline and then I piped over that with frosting. I have tried doing lettering without that help and it does not turn out well!
I too thought the stockings were great, and impressive, and I was wondering about the lettering on the cake. Very nice! Good to hear from you guys!!
Post a Comment