Wednesday, January 28, 2009

In the Library with Internet!

So I'm here in the library supposed to be doing homework, but as usual, distracted a little by the Internet. There isn't really much new with us; I'm afraid we live pretty boring lives. Sarah has a new calling. She was recently called as the Literacy leader in the Relief Society. A big part of that is managing the book club, which i think she is uniquely qualified for. I think they are reading The Goose Girl right now by Shannon Hale. The first meeting is in a couple weeks. Sarah has also been working alot of overtime so we can save up money. She's a good sport about it all. I'm not sure i could work that many hours if i were in her shoes.
In other news, my little brother Lucas is out here now. He just arrived home from London England and has started his first semester at BYU. My whole family (except my older brother, Keith, and his family) came out and stayed with us for a few days. The snow made it a little stressful driving. The boys were a little bored, but we were able to see Music and the Spoken Word. Those of you who know my Dad won't be surprised to know that hitting up all the bookstores in a 3k radius was his favorite part. In any event, they made it back okay. It is kind of fun having more family out here in Utah. Sometimes a little too fun; Sarah is trying to curb our weekend pizza consumption (with some success).
I (Lee) have started back into school again. I am only taking one history class, which is unusual. It is on the Jacksonian period of American History and i'm pretty excited about doing some research on my own. Hmmm . . . in other news, Sarah and I are hosting an Abraham Lincoln party at our house Feb. 9th (the 200 year anniversary of Lincoln's birth). It is mostly for my work friends, but we're not prejudice. Sarah is going to make a stovepipe hat cake! (Well, maybe. I'm hoping putting it on a blog will make her feel obligated to :). A little strange i know, but it's all for the fun of things. It's nice to have an excuse to have a party.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank goodness libraries have access to the Internet. The library's keyboards obviously need to have the SHIFT key tested with the sporadicity with which they(the keyboard)decided to capitalize the letter "I" throughout your post. :-P

Thanks for the post. While you think your life is uneventful, it was sure good to hear from you.

By the way, who is this Abraham Lincoln you referenced?

Lee Deppermann said...

I can't stand those faulty keyboards Ed.

Charity said...

Great to hear from you, Lee!! How bout if Rick and I trade you and Sarah lives for a week or so, then you might just be happy to go back to your "uneventful" life. Not that ours isn't great, it's just that an "uneventful" life sounds as appealing to us as an "eventful" life might seem to you. I think there's some saying about that, something to do with greener grass...
Anyway, enjoy the time to study what you'd like, and throw whatever party floats your boat (I think it sounds like a fun idea, myself)!!!
Thanks for the post!!

Kami D. said...

Hey Sarah! I found your blog and snooped.