We had a lot of fun decorating for Halloween and the Fall. We had a very quiet and relaxing evening Halloween night. I was worried that the trick-or-treaters wouldn't know that they could come to our door since we live in a basement. So we made an effort to decorate outside so they would come to us and it worked! Lee has never been involved in trick-or-treating in any way so having them come was very exciting for the both of us. These are a couple of pictures of our stairwell/doorway.
It looked more fun when it was dark. There are orange lights along the railing and the to luminaries were lit up too. We found that hay bale in our back yard so we put it to use.
7 comments:
Having grown up in the country, like Lee, I had never had trick-or-treaters come to my house growing up. So, I was SO excited to have trick-or-treaters when Rick and I were first married. I got candy, and we didn't have a single trick-or-treater : (. Maybe if I had decorated like you, but the cemetary across the street might have scared them away as well...
It looks great! I am glad it was fun. Did you dress up?
Sadly, we did not dress up. We didn't feel that staying at home was cause enough for costumes.
I'm glad you got people to come trick-or-treating at your basement apartment. A guy that I home teach that lives across the street from us told us that this neighborhood gets hit pretty hard, so I bought candy for the first time in a long time and we only had about 3 people show up. Maybe next year...
more candy for you Ed
We decided not to participate in trick or treating this year. We had a party in our basement instead and ignored the doorbell. They come into our neighborhood in vans. Our neighbor counted how many came - 370! Everyone in our neighborhood was trying to figure out how to keep it so it was just the neighborhood and ward kids.
We did have fun though at our "senior" party.
In response to Rulene's comment- that's one of the purposes of a trunk-or-treat. I think it's sad that they would want to be exclusive in your neighborhood like that. I guess as a kid I would have just been out of luck since I didn't live in a neighborhood.
Post a Comment