Sunday, January 31, 2010

Things I have been up to

The Sims gave us a puzzle for Christmas that we put together this week. It was a good reminder about the puzzles we used to put together as a family growing up. I enjoyed it so much we decided to buy a couple more puzzles to put together. I am currently working on a 1000 piece that is a scene from Bavaria, Germany. The puzzle we got for Christmas was a 500 piece and I am wondering if I went too big too fast with this other, though I am sure I will get it done eventually. This is the completed puzzle that was given to us:And this is the one I am currently working on:Another thing that I have been enjoying more lately is cooking. Perhaps it is due to being inspired by the movie Julie & Julia. :) One of the things that I am trying to perfect is cooking a roast. Lee's family is raising cows, among other things, on their farm and we were loaded up with beef while we were out there for Christmas. Today I made another roast for dinner and it is the best looking one I have made so far.Lee really likes pie so I have been working on perfecting pie making as well. This is the pie I made for desert today:One thing that has been nice as I have been spending time cooking is that we have a great brother who is willing to finish off any leftovers for us!

5 comments:

Kelly said...

That is so fun that you have been working on puzzles, I also started the one that the Sims gave to us. Puzzles are a great memory. :)

Scottie and Tasha said...

Wow, those puzzles are huge!

Your roast looks great- Scott's family makes really good roasts too so if you're dying for more roast recipes let me know I'd be happy to pass them on.

Your pie also looks incredible! I wish I had the talent of being able to make a decent looking crust. Luckily in this day and age I can buy them from the store :)

Love your new header picture- you two look so happy.

Charity said...

Always good to have a starving student around.....Nice, Lucas.

Your food looks yummy. We're still going strong on puzzles here at our house as well. Rick just keeps buying 'em, and we just keep working them. Our latest is a 1500 piece of a James Christensen Fairy tale painting. Only the sky left....

Sarah said...

Tasha,
I would love some good roast recipes! Thanks!

Kyle and Amy Brinkerhoff said...

I am glad that you found someone to finish that cake. :)